The Mote Maintains

Friday, October 21, 2005

First Post. Let's not make a big deal out of it, eh?

There is something about October that makes me a little goofy. I spend a lot of time daydreaming, much too little time studying, and my hobbies start to take over my life. Never mind the fact that I have four essays and a research paper due over the course of the next month, but I'm busy with knitting, rock climbing (and yes, those two are probably a strange juxtaposition, but suffice to say that I don't do both at the same time.), reading, and perhaps a little writing here and there.

I'm already getting busy with the Christmas knitting: I've got a scarf and a pair of mittens on the go for two of my favourite guys, and I've got a couple things in the works for my aunt and my grandmother, who live together in a little apartment on the south side of Fredericton.

Just this evening, I went to my last rock climbing class of the semester and it was glorious. In this, our most advanced tutorial so far, we learned how to rappel down a wall, and ascend a line in order to go down a zipline. It was hard work and a little awkward, but a lot of fun. I'm getting strong enough that I can traverse the entire large gym without needing to stop for breaks halfway. Routes are fun, but I love bouldering - it's singular as a workout.

Since this is my first post, I guess I should say that you can expect a lot of knitting, a lot of book and film reviews, and perhaps some other content as well. We'll see what happens. I started this blog mostly because I hate Livejournal with a passion at the moment, and I'm looking to ascend from the depths of the online equivalent of nursery school. So. Hello world.

A little more about me in my next post, perhaps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home