The Mote Maintains

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Both of my essays are outlined now! I'm working on my children's lit one right now. But I did manage to do something interesting yesterday, while taking a break from my studies. I made a new notebook!

I hacked apart a Golden Book found at Value Village and added 50 sheets of blank paper in with the story pages.



I love Ex Libris plates, so I did a sewn binding instead of endpapers to preserve the plate - I remember loving these books when I was little, because of touches like this.



And as you can see, the story is of course preserved. How could I destroy a book?





There are more photos on flickr. This was sort of an experiment to learn how to sew signatures together and how to do the stab-method binding all at once. It wasn't as finicky as I was expecting it to be, so I may make more of these in the future. The most time consuming part was cutting the paper - I used our rotary cutter and self healing mat to cut big sheets down to the right size, and I could only do about 5 sheets at a time. But I'm happy with the result, nonetheless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home