The Mote Maintains

Monday, November 14, 2005

Well.  The Hellenistic History essay has been put to rest; I just need to hand it in this afternoon and stop worrying about it.  Surprisingly, my obsessive focus on the paper does not seem to have put me too far behind in Greek, even though today's lecture was pretty gruelling.  Stupid pronouns. I still haven't managed to fail a quiz in that class.  I'm not sure how that works, but there it is.

I didn't get to go to the climbing comp this weekend, and that made me very sad.  That said, I will most definitely be at the wall this afternoon.  Having sat on my bum all weekend typing away, I definitely need to get back to the gym and all that, so as not to go stir-crazy. 

I didn't really get to do much that was interesting this weekend aside from kidnapping Dan on Friday for a late lunch, and a cornerstone adventure on Sunday (they have apple cider again!!) with Cat and Dan and Derek and her friend Dave from McMaster.  Do not want to read another word, but I must work on the magazine tonight and do some readings for children's lit and some writing for lit and social change.  No rest for this Mote.

Ten things I am grateful for today:
1) Sunshine in November
2) Finishing my essay
3) My uncanny ability to find excellent parking spaces
4) Dan and his awesome awesomeness
5) Books and the ability to read
6)  Music
7)  The fact that I have food to eat and a place to live
8) My family
9) My silly puppy and my huggy bunny
10) and last but not least, my amazing friends, because they rock.

Five weird and random facts about me:
1) When I was little I would say that bananas with brown spots on them were "dirty bananas."  I would also call the pits in citrus fruit "stones."
2) I've never been to another continent besides North America.  This must change.
3) I love to bake and find that nothing is better therapy than creating something good to eat for yourself or, better yet, someone else.
4) David Duchovny's voice really, really does make me want to vomit.  No joke.
5) Sometimes I hate university because it cuts into my reading time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home