The Mote Maintains

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

That smile of Liz's from the other day? It was because of the yarn I used to make this:


The Odessa hat, from Knitty! It was made using the softest, cuddliest yarn I have worked with in a long time: Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk. Such a nice yarn. It's loosely spun, and tvini has warned me that it may pill, but it's beautiful nonetheless. It made Liz extremely happy - she wore it all through our study party at the library yesterday, and it looked just fantastic on her, if I do say so myself.

I love the way this yarn looks, despite my unevenness, which I think was a result of me trying to get used to the stitch pattern. It's so fuzzy and soft and pink. Makes me smile. I'll use a different cast on next time. Long tail never looks right with ribbing, unless you alternate with purled long tail, which I hate doing. And even then it still doesn't look right, in my opinion.


Dusty is smug because he doesn't have to spend reading week studying. See what I mean about the cuteness-while-sleeping? He's irresistible.


This is what I bought for myself on our Saturday trip to the Needle Emporium in Ancaster: 450m of Fleece Artist Mo, which I have since wound into the hugest ball of yarn ever and am knitting a simple shawl to show off the colours in this beauty. I'm finding myself cold all the time in this house, so I thought a shawl would be okay. No granny jokes from the peanut gallery though, please. I know jujitsu. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home