The Mote Maintains

Monday, May 08, 2006

I'm sleepy and a little bewildered right now. I went to work this morning, thinking I had to work the 7-12 shift, but apparently the boss changed the schedule again, so I wasn't using the current one. So here I sit, drinking tea and thinking about going back to bed.

I've started dyeing yarn! I've been experimenting with handpainting, mostly, and the results have been good - good enough that I put in an order at Prochem for some better dyes than what I've been using.

IMG_2646
Worsted weight merino wool, about 50 yards

I've been experimenting with handpainting/space dyeing, mostly, and the results have been good - good enough that I put in an order at Prochem for some better dyes than what I've been using. I've even been thinking that I might try to start selling some of this stuff.

IMG_2644
More worsted weight merino, 50 yards

IMG_2641
100 yards worsted weight merino

IMG_2662
Sock yarn! This is probably about 440 yds of wool-nylon blend. I think it's my favourite so far.

So that's one more thing for me to play around with, on top of the knitting and the spinning. I really do like the handpaint and steam set method. Immersion dyeing just hasn't worked for me yet. Now I just need to find a good source for stuff to dye... I might buy a nice cone or two, when I get paid again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home